A re-elected majority Gutwein Liberal Government will secure the future of communities in Tasmania’s south east region.
We are the strongest supporters of our regional communities and as a Government we have worked to support the Sorell and South-East region’s plans for economic growth and job creation.
There’s more to do to support this growing area and that’s why a re-elected Gutwein majority Government will:
Invest additional funding of $50 million towards the upgrade of the Arthur Highway. This will include upgrades along the length of the highway between the connection with the new Sorell Southern bypass and Port Arthur;
- Provide $1.5 million towards the $3 million Tasman Arch-Devil’s Kitchen Stage 2 Project, including an iconic suspension bridge across the chasm, seeking an Australian Government contribution for the remaining funding for this exciting project;
- Provide three new paramedics for Dodges Ferry, establishing it as a double branch, providing 24/7 paramedic coverage;
- Provide funding of $2.5 million towards the construction of a function centre at Pembroke Park;
- Invest $1.5 million towards the expansion of facilities at the Sorell Trade Training Centre, seeking an Australian Government contribution for the remaining funding for this $3 million project;
- $400,000 for the Carlton Park Surf Life Saving Club to complete the redevelopment of their clubhouse and training room.
The South East is becoming more and more popular with visitors to our State and we’re investing in the infrastructure to ensure the region can cope with demand.
The Arthur Highway is a key tourist route and the upgrades will deliver wider road shoulders, junction upgrades and new overtaking opportunities, making the drive safer and more enjoyable.
These initiatives are in addition to many commitments we have already made that will benefit the region.