The Tasmanian Liberal Government is committed to honouring Tasmania’s veterans and ex-serving personnel and I am pleased to announce that if re-elected, we will invest $1.4 million to support this important cohort.
This investment includes:
- Providing peak body funding with annual indexation to RSL Tasmania, as well as special projects funding of $50,000 per year;
- Providing $100,000 per year to the Teddy Sheean VC Memorial Grants Program;
- Providing $30,000 to the Tasmanian Headstone Project to enable the program to extend to regional Tasmanian communities;
- Providing $100,000 for a training centre and additional facilities at the Dago Point Veterans Retreat;
- Providing $200,000 to make Health and Wellbeing Vouchers available to veterans and ex-service personnel for gym or sporting club membership;
- Creating a Veterans Employment Strategy with targets for public sector employment; and
- Continuing funding the Frank MacDonald Memorial Prize.
Tasmania is currently home to more than 10,500 veterans and ex-serving personnel, and so many Tasmanians have a strong and personal connection to our Anzac heritage.
Increasing community attendance at Anzac Day services shows that Tasmanians are passionate about honouring the service and sacrifice of our veterans.
Only a re-elected majority Gutwein Liberal Government has the clear plan to secure Tasmania’s future and support our veterans.